Monday, November 9, 2009
Blood Sugar Update
I had a 3 hour blood glucose test on Saturday, because I was concerned about my blood sugar a few weeks ago. I went up to the hospital to get my results today (because I'm too impatient to wait for my doctor to call me!) and I was surprised at how LOW my glucose levels were. My fasting glucose was 92, which is good. My 1 hr. was 102, which is also fine. Then I glanced at the 2 & 3 hr. which shocked me. My levels were at 67 & 57! No wonder I felt shaky and a little faint on the way out of the office that day. I was afraid that my blood sugar levels were high lately, but I had no idea that they were actually getting so low. The normal range (according to the paper from the hospital) for blood sugar after 5 hrs. is anywhere between 70-99. Mine was 57 at only 3 hrs. I wonder what this means...I was already scheduled to see my endocrinologist on Thursday, so I'm looking forward (kind of) to seeing what she has to say. At least I'll finally have some answers, because I haven't been feeling so great lately, and this could be part of the reason why.
Share
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I pray you get the answers and solution so you can begin to feel better. I pray you have an amazing week!!
Post a Comment