"God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure He will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again" Phil 1:6
It seems as if everyone has a blog for a different reason. Some use it as a hobby, as a business, or even as a daily journal. Some people publish a post every day, and others write less often. Along my blogging journey, I have come across many unwritten rules (sometimes written!) of blogging. Among these can be anything from the necessity of blogging every day to doing all sorts of tricks to get additional readers. It seems as though I have broken almost all of these rules! For example, I simply cannot write something every day at this point of my life. I love writing posts, but it's not at the top of my priority list! There have been times that I have spent too much time doing it, so now I have a set time that I do most of my writing. I have one night a week that I go to the library for a couple hours to write a post. Sometimes I don't even finish one. Other times, I write the majority of 2-3 posts. (And other times, I just sit and read a book instead!) I have learned that I simply can't do as much as other bloggers sometimes can, and that's ok! I know that I'm not going to have as many people who follow my blog when I don't post something as often. This used to bother me a lot, but I have come to realize that I'm not writing this to see how many people follow my blog. I write to encourage others and to share what God has shown me. I've had to quiet the "people pleaser" part of myself many times in order to please the only One who matters!
Recently I sat down to think about the purpose behind "My Purpose In Him". It seems as though there are 3 different topics that I enjoy writing about the most, and God has given me such a passion to share them on my blog. These 3 specific topics, I believe, describe the purpose of my blog:
- The difference between believing in Jesus and having a relationship with Him
- Your identity in Christ
- Secret Sins
Related Blog Posts: Do You Really Know Him? If You Died Tonight True Repentance What Does it Mean To Be Born Again?
Second, I have a passion to see others find freedom in discovering who they are in Christ. I have found (and am still finding!) that when you know who you are in Christ, freedom and healing is found there also. On the other hand, when you don't know who you are in Christ, life can be absolutely miserable. Jesus loves all of us, and He wants to see us all healed and set free. This is why I chose the picture above for my Facebook page. She looks free! I have such a passion for people to discover who they are in Christ. There is incredible freedom in becoming who God made you to be!
Related Blog Posts: My Identity In Christ Who Do You See? Our Rock Among Pebbles My Path To Freedom
The third purpose of my blog is to expose those "secret sins" that so many of us have. Satan loves secrets, and he can keep us in bondage to all sorts of things if we never find out we can be healed and set free. He wants us to stay in bondage by keeping parts of our lives a secret. Satan wants us to believe that we're the only ones who are dealing with these "secret" sins in our lives, so we remain quiet. Therefore, we stay stuck in the bondage it has created. These "secret sins" include sins from our past that we are afraid to share with others, and also sins from our current lives that we are trapped in and don't know how to break free from. Freedom is found in the light, not the darkness!
Related Blog Posts: Do You Have a Secret Sin? Who Are You When No One Is Looking? Another Testimony of Freedom My Path To Freedom
I cherish all of your comments, and I hope that you have been blessed by this blog. Thank you for sticking with me, even during the extremely busy times of my life when I may not get a post up during the week. For those of you who like consistency (like myself!), I have been trying to set my blog up to publish new posts every Monday. (Sometimes I will update it more often, and I always update my Facebook page more often than that.) I'm also looking into adding some guest posts from some women who have blogs I really enjoy. They love Jesus, and I know you would be blessed by what they share. I've said it before, but I truly believe that I wouldn't even have a blog if it wasn't for God's anointing to do it in the first place.
Be blessed!
Amy

1 comment:
I relate in all you have wrote.
My sister was the one who encourage me to begin my blog. We were the only ones who followed and commented on eachother's blogs and that was fine by me. One day while in prayer she decided to leave the blogosphere.
It became a really lonely place for some time. Then i fell into the trap of wanting more followers, more comments, etc. I asked the Lord to forgive me because that was certainly not my intent when I began blogging.
I have to say since then i have met lovely sister's in Christ, like yourself. I have been blessed by your blog and by the testimonies you have shared.
I would like to post more often but I certainly will not neglect things which are most important to me.
I pray that the Lord will continue to guide and direct us on this blogging journey:)
Post a Comment