I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Will Not Lean On My Own Understanding!

Yesterday was a rough day, but God reminded me that He is still on the throne and not caught off guard by anything that has happened or will happen in my life!

Well...I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I knew that I have been feeling horrible the last almost 2 weeks, but I was hoping it wasn't heading in this direction.

There was some sort of "miscommunication" (the best word I can think of) in my ob-gyn's office, and I found out yesterday that I could have continued on the Metformin during my entire pregnancy since I was doing so well on it. Now that I haven't been taking it for almost 2 weeks, they will not let me get back on it. The ob-gyn office I go to has several doctors and a midwife. When you're pregnant, you see a different doctor each time you have an appointment. This way you will know the doctor who ends up delivering the baby. This was not a problem or concern during my first pregnancy, because I did not have any complications in the least. This pregnancy, though, I feel that it has created an open door for error.

Enough said on that...I'm still praying about what to do at this point.

After a lot of crying yesterday afternoon, God spoke to my heart about all of this. God knew this was all going to happen. I'm going to be ok. The baby is going to be ok. I'm going to meet with a registered dietitian tomorrow to be put on a gestational diabetes diet. This will help balance my blood sugar and hopefully prevent me from having to take any insulin shots during my pregnancy. I really feel like God is telling me to forget about the Metformin issue. If I trust Him and also eat the way that I'm told to, everything will be ok. I'm so glad that I'm a Christian and know Who I need to trust, because otherwise I'd be really freaking out! :) (Not that I don't have my moments as it is!)

This all reminded me of one of my favorite verses in the bible:

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all of your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Proverbs 3: 5-6 (Amplified)


Thank you, Jesus! You know everything that's going to happen in my life before I do. You are the steady Rock in my life!
Share

1 comment:

Ronel said...

Amazing faith!! I thought I had heard you could stay on metformin during your whole pregnancy but I guess that is a whole other issue. I hope things go well with the diet and maybe it will be a life chnage not just a diet. I will keep youin my prayers...

Related Posts with Thumbnails