I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Sunday, January 2, 2011

Great Expectations


Happy New Year!  I'm so excited about some of the things that I have planned for this year, and specifically for this upcoming month.  I'm setting January aside for a time of prayer, fasting, and worshipping God, and I'm completely looking forward to it!  I'm going to be taking a break from blogging for a few weeks, because I am going to be focusing on 2 other things that I'm excited to tell you about...

My pastors and several others from our church are going to be doing the 21-day Daniel Fast this month (starting tomorrow), and my husband and I will be joining them. I've done the Daniel Fast before, but it was a 10-day fast, not a full 21-days. After looking back at my experience before, I was feeling pretty good after Day #4.  The first 4 days were the most difficult for me, but I felt fine after that.  Besides fasting from certain foods, I'm going to be fasting a few other things:
  • The internet (except a few things I must work on during this time) This will be a tough one.
  • I'm not going to be posting anything on my blog, writing any future posts or posting on Facebook.
  • No movies.
These are the main reasons why I will be fasting:
  • To break any strongholds in my life
  • To expose any idols in my life
  • To clear the "junk" out of my life so I can focus on God more and hear Him better
  • Physical and emotional healing
  • To prepare my heart for Kairos at the end of January
This brings me to the second opportunity I am so incredibly excited about!  As I mentioned above, I will be attending a Kairos event at the end of January.  My husband and I are very excited about this, and we know that God is leading us to attend this event held through another church's Freedom Ministry.  This event is described as a time set aside for inner healing, breaking strongholds, along with physical, emotional, mental and spiritual healing.  Needless to say (again), I am very excited about this!

I will be back the first full week in February, and I look forward to sharing with you my experiences at Kairos along with anything else that God has stirred up in my heart over this month's time.  I look forward to this next month with hope and great expectation. I'll be back soon!

Picture credit:  dancinginthedarkness.wordpress.com
Share

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Praise Jesus for what you have purposed in your heart to do to bring glory to God!

May the Lord strengthen you on your fast and may you find what you are seeking in HIM!

"See" you when you get back:)

Peace be with you!

Ronel said...

I look forward to hearing about what God has for you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails