I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Thought My Life Was Over...

It was 11 years ago that I thought my life was over.  My previous husband had moved out on July 3, 1999, and I thought that my life had very little hope after that.  We had just gotten married the year before, and I never got to see the dreams that I had in my heart with him begin to come to fruition.  It was practically over before it began.  I was crushed.

I realized that it was 11 years ago today, when I saw the date, July 3, 2010, on my computer.  I think it made an impression on me this morning, because it was also a Saturday when he left.  I'm a date person!  I always remember dates when things happened, etc.   

I can remember that day so clearly.  When Paul was moving his belongings out of our apartment, I went to my Grandma's house, because I couldn't bare to be around to watch him.  I came back later to find so much emptiness.  My apartment was empty, and my heart was empty.  I felt so incredibly alone.  I remember seeing the fireworks that weekend and looking up into the sky wondering what my future held.  I will never forget that feeling of hopelessness.  My heart was broken. 

Little did I realize that my future held the most amazing parts of my life, yet!  My loneliness and despair lead me to start searching for a church that I could go to.  I was not saved at the time, and I didn't even know that I needed to be saved.  I just wanted something to give me hope. 

Jesus reached out to me in one of the most tragic times of my life.  Little did I know that Paul would also die a little over a year later.  I THANK GOD that I gave my life to Jesus before that, because I don't know how I would have gotten through that without Him in my life.  I really don't. 

About a year after Paul moved out, I gave my life to Jesus.  For the first time in my life, I felt such purpose.  I felt such comfort in knowing that God had a plan for me, and I didn't always have to wander around hoping that I was going in the right direction.  Jesus has changed my life!  He led me to Kevin, whom I have now been married to for almost 6 years.  We now have 2 beautiful children, and I can't imagine any of them not being in my life!  Jesus has healed me, delivered me, and set me free of so many things!  I grew up believing in God.  I always knew He existed.  But there is a different in knowing who He is and having a relationship with Him.  I rely on Him.  I talk to Him every day.  He is always there to listen to me.  He will correct me when I'm going in the wrong direction.  He is the perfect father and friend.

I look back today and see myself looking up into the sky at those fireworks 11 years ago, and I thought my life was over.  I thought everything was ruined.  All my dreams for my future were never going to happen. Little did I know that my life with Jesus was just about to begin!  Every time I see fireworks I think of that day, and I'm reminded about just how much that Jesus has done in my life, and how much He has restored!  I never could have imagined how much having a real relationship with Jesus could show me my true purpose in life, transform my dreams, goals, and give me a new vision for my life.

If you don't have a true relationship with Jesus, you are missing out on more than you could ever imagine.  Whether you don't have any hope left in your life, or maybe you think your life is already just as you want it to be...having a true relationship with Jesus will transform your life in ways that you have never even thought of yet.  The biggest thing He will do for you is save your life!  He came to this earth to die in place of us.  He died for our sins, so we wouldn't have to live in hell for eternity!  If you allow Him into your heart and follow after Him, He will save you from all of that.  He will save you from having to spend ETERNITY in hell, and you will forever live with Him.  This is the ONLY way to get to heaven.  He loves you so much and wants to give you hope, purpose and eternal life with Him.  Like I mentioned before, maybe you think your life is already just the way you want it.  That may be, but you need to surrender your life to Him to be saved from hell when you die.  We all die, and no one knows when that moment will come. 

If you have never given your life to Jesus, ask Him to come into your life today!  Ask Him to become your Lord and Savior, and He will.  Ask Him to forgive you, and He will.  Turn your life from the direction you have been going, and start walking with Him.  Pray to Him every day.  Lean on Him for all of your decisions.  Lean on Him for everything!  Being a Christian is not about going to church on Sundays (although that's good to do!), it's about having a relationship with Jesus!  It's not about thinking about God every once in awhile, or just when you need help.  He wants nothing more than for you to give your entire life to Him!

Thank you, Jesus, that you are such a wonderful Lord and Savior!  You gave me hope when I had none.  You have delivered me, saved me, and given me a future that I never could have imagined otherwise.  I love you!

Picture credit:  personalitycafe.com
Share

4 comments:

Sydney said...

We can look back and even in those times when it seemed as if we were alone and abandoned, realize that HE was always there. Patiently waiting. Waiting lovingly for us.

His love is so evident!

May God continue to bless you as you search and reveal your heart for HIS glory!

Joanna said...

What a neat story! It brought tears to my eyes. It is so neat when we can look back on difficult times and see that God was with us even then and how HE has brought us through. Your testimony is beautiful! It's always a blessing when people can see the goodness of God even through tragedies!
Thanks for this post.
Thanks also for recently visiting my blog. I appreciated your comment and replied to it on my blog.
Blessings to you!
Joanna
http://www.ihadafuneral.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Thank you, Sydney & Joanna!

Kat @ Inspired To Action said...

What a wonderful story. Thanks so much for sharing that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails