As some of you who follow my Facebook page know, my son was playing with this toy a couple of weeks ago. I asked him who it was, and he said, "Jesus!". This is his impression of who Jesus is! I thought that was pretty interesting, and I started to think...
Jesus wants to be our everything, but often our perception of what He is like is often incorrect or incomplete. Many of us grow up with incorrect assumptions of who God is. I think I could safely assume that many of us fall into this category. Jesus wants to be everything to us, but we often don't let Him in that close. We surrender our lives to Him, but so often many of us want to keep just that one small thing to ourselves. Guess what? Jesus wants that, too!
Who is Jesus to you?
He wants to be your Healer, Sustainer, Protector, Strength, Deliverer, Savior, Lord, Counselor, Friend, Life Giver, Comforter, Redeemer, among countless other things. If you have a need in your life that is unfulfilled, He wants to fill it! He is (whether it seems like it, or not) the only one who can!
- What is that one part of your life that you keep holding back from Him?
- What is that one area of your life that you keep turning to people, food, drugs, alcohol, shopping, gossiping, worry, TV, etc. for instead of giving it to Him?
- What area in your life do you continually find yourself "stuck"?
- What are you too ashamed to tell anyone? Even your spouse?
How wonderful a thought it is to know that Jesus is the only one who truly knows every detail of your life (past, present and future), and He still wants you to turn to Him. He won't reject you. He wants to have a relationship with you that's closer than anything you've ever experienced! People will always let you down. Jesus will never let you down. He loves you and knows of every hair on your head. Turn to Him and give Him everything! He's waiting for you to finally give Him everything. Even that small thing that you would just rather keep to yourself, instead!
Jesus, thank you that You want to be everything in our lives. You deserve to be everything! You never change. You will always love me, no matter how bad of a day I have. Thank you for loving me despite everything I have done against You in my life. Thank you for forgiving me. You are holy and just, and I love you!
4 comments:
How lovely to read a blog that shows such passion and devotion to our King!
May He bless you with more and more of His presence, wisdom and understanding...
Thanks for the lovely comment Amy...the encouragement came at just the right time. God is always on time!
I certainly agree that we must allow Jesus to be our all. May we remove ourselves from the picture so we can see only HIM!
Thank you, Amanda! You're welcome, Sydney. Your blog is a huge blessing to me.
i am alway encouraged by your blog. i think THIS is your ministry and your daily devotion. it always makes me think (and sometimes cry) I believe God is usuing you right where your at. sometimes i will put your blog on just to hear the music when i'm in my kitchen.thanks so much.God bless you. Joanna
Post a Comment