A little while back, I mentioned that I really felt like I needed to sit down and pray about some goals for my future. I've been having this unsettled feeling for quite some time, and I've realized that it's because my focus has changed. Looking back over the last 5 years of my life, I have focused mainly on pregnancy, raising young children, and pregnancy again. This is all fine, but I need a new focus in addition to raising my family! We have also moved 3 times in the last 5 years! Wow! (Unless God moves us, we'll be in this house for a very long time to come!) This has kept us really busy. These are some things that I have been praying about:
1) I want to start sharing my faith more often. Going out with my church's Street Ministry falls into this category. Fear used to be what held me back from participating in this ministry; now it's finding someone to watch my children! I want to go more often as I'm able.
2) I would love to switch my blog over to my own website. There's so much more I want to do with "My Purpose In Him".
3) I want to write a devotional. God has really put this in my heart over the last few months and has confirmed it several times lately. I'm so excited about this, but it's going to be awhile before I find the time...
4) I am pondering the thought of going back to school for a Master's in Theology. It would take me 3 years. I really still have to pray about this one. I love pursuing more education. It's really on my heart to do this and has been for awhile. I just need to make sure that it's something that God is calling me to do and not just what I want to do! My husband's not finished with school until next Spring, so I have plenty of time to think about it!
5) I want to lose 45 pounds. I'm hoping that if I lose at least 45 pounds, I will be able to stop taking the Metformin without gaining the weight back. My endocrinologist told me that if I lose this weight, I won't be as insulin resistant anymore. I just want to be healthy again.
6) When I do lose the weight, I want to post a PCOS weight loss video documenting my PCOS "story" and weight loss pictures. I already started it to help motivate myself to lose the rest of this weight! I know that I have looked and looked for support and encouragement from other women who have PCOS, and I want to be that encouragement for someone else.
7) I also want to learn how to make more healthy, whole foods for my family. For example, I want to learn how to make sourdough bread. I'm sure it's not that difficult... I just have to do it!
Those are my goals for now. I obviously don't have any timeline to accomplish these. I wanted to have more of a direction to go than a timeline. Timelines are almost impossible for me right now in this season of life! Maybe as I get closer to these goals, a timeline would be more feasible. I also need to keep praying that these goals are in line with what God has for my life. I can't lose sight of that! As important as it is to set goals, it's more important to know that God is behind them.
What goals are you working towards? Has God been involved in your goal-planning?
Picture credit given to: http://www.rexburgoutdoors.com/
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amy,
I am so proud of you. YOu are so talented & you can do ALL things through Christ.
I am excited to hear what you've posted and will help you however I can.
Post a Comment