Saturday, January 2, 2010
Street Fisher Ministries
My husband has joined the blogging world!
Some of you know my husband Kevin, but most of you do not. One thing that you learn about Kevin after spending even just a little time with him is that he loves people. His main objective in life is to follow Jesus and tell people about Him. Check out his new blog called Street Fisher Ministries! (Thank you, Mary, for creating this perfect logo!) Kevin is in the beginning stages of starting an evangelism teaching ministry called Street Fisher Ministries, and this blog is part of it.
I remember one of our first dates, about 9 years ago... We stopped at a McDonald's or Burger King and went through the Drive Thru. As we were in the parking lot sitting in his truck eating, Kevin kept looking at a man that was standing not too far from us. He was an older man who looked pretty run down, and he was eating some food while sitting in the grass. Kevin kept watching him. What I didn't realize at first, was that Kevin was wrestling with the thought of going over to share the Gospel with this man. He distinctly felt God tugging on his heart to do so - but he honestly didn't want to! It was much more convenient (and comfortable) to stay in the truck and eat his food! After a few minutes went by, (and me having no idea of the internal struggle Kevin was going through!), Kevin told me that he would be back. He got out of the truck to speak with this man, and after speaking with him for a little bit, he shared the Gospel with him. I didn't realize at the time that this would be only one of so many instances that Kevin would do this. It's not always easy for him to share the Gospel with people, but he does it anyhow...
Kevin is a very outgoing person who loves to talk to anyone. He is the Director of Evangelism at our church, and people assume that it's easy for him to talk about God to anyone because of his personality. What a lot of people don't realize, is that it's not always easy for him. In fact, he often struggles as the rest of us do with the fear of being rejected by the person he approaches. This is one of the reasons that I admire Kevin. He is obedient to God by telling people about Him - even when it's extremely uncomfortable and inconvenient. Kevin will be the first person to tell you that he not always obedient to God's prompting, but he strives to become more obedient each new day.
Why am I telling you all of this? I want to encourage everyone to step out and share Jesus with people - even when it's uncomfortable! I am the exact opposite of Kevin when it comes to boldness. I am, by nature, pretty reserved and quiet - especially around people I do not know. I am also a private person, so the fact that I even have a blog that I share my private thoughts on is surprising to me sometimes! It's not always easy. I don't share my faith with others like Kevin does. I often compare myself to him and feel like it's not even worth trying, because I don't have an outgoing personality, and I'm not good AT ALL at small talk when approaching people I do not know. Kevin tells me so often that I'm just as "qualified" as he is to share the Gospel, and I'm sure there are people out there that I could reach that he couldn't.
If we know Jesus, we CAN share Him with others.
If we know Jesus, we SHOULD share Him with others.
I have been praying that God would help me to become bold enough to share the Gospel with others. I know that I'm so grateful that someone took the time to share Him with me, and I want to do the same for others - even though it's not easy. God has commanded me to do so!
Mark 16:15 says, "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."
Why not challenge yourself and take the time to share Jesus with someone today?
Labels:
My Husband's Blog,
Walking With Jesus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment