My husband painted the nursery while we were camping, and I'm so glad that he did! We chose to have light purple as the main color, with some pink and rose colors added to it later. I'm so excited to be able to think about colors other than blue and green!
Time is flying by, and I can't believe that I'm already 26 weeks along! I have another ultrasound next week to check the size of the baby. One thing I have been really praying about is the birth of the baby. I had to have a c-section with Joshua, because he turned breech the week before he was due. I felt him turning completely around, I just didn't realize what actually happened until my next doctor's appointment which happened to be the next day. After giving me an ultrasound to confirm that he was breech, they told me that he was sitting with his legs crossed with his little rear end wedged into my pelvis. He wasn't going anywhere! I have talked to my doctor's about having a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) this time around, and they are supportive of this. I really hope and pray that I am successful with avoiding the c-section this time. I had such a difficult and long recovery with the c-section; and plus, I want to experience a vaginal delivery. I never even went into labor with Joshua, so I don't even know what that's like! As crazy as it sounds, I'm looking forward to it.
I just found out the other day that my mother-in-law may not be coming to stay with us for awhile after the baby is born. She originally was going to come down to stay with us for a week or two, and I was SO looking forward to this. She was going to help with Joshua a lot during the day, so I could get some more sleep when the baby was sleeping, etc. Plus, it was a relief to know that Joshua was going to have someone spending some 1-on-1 time with him right after the baby was born. My mother-in-law just got a new job, though, so we found out that she may not be able to come at all! Kevin used up almost all of his vacation days, (because we knew that someone would be here with me after the baby was born) so he won't be able to take much time off when the baby comes. At this point, he only has 12 hrs. of vacation time left. I have to admit that this terrifies me, but I'm trying my best to trust God that He will provide the help I need in one way or another. I had such a difficult time after Joshua was born from the c-section and post partum depression, not to mention the usual sleep deprivation. After a huge emotional breakdown the other night when I found this out, I decided that I have to just trust that God will take care of the situation in the best way possible.
Once again, this takes me back to a bible verse that God often takes me back to:
Proverbs 3:5-6 (Amplified) "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths."
1 comment:
Yes, trust that He has a plan... it will all work out according to His plan and timing... at least this is what I continually tell myself. I will be praying for you, I too had to have a c-section and wouldn't want to wish that on anyone so I will keep you in my prayers.
Post a Comment