I am shocked as I write this! We bought pull-ups for Joshua just last night, so I could start potty training him next week. He's had a little potty for quite awhile, but it became more like a toy, so I put it away. We also tried the potty seat a couple of times, but he wouldn't stay on it for longer than 30 seconds.
Just tonight, Joshua told me that he had to go to the potty. He wanted me to take off his shorts and diaper, so I reluctantly did. Would you believe that he walked into the bathroom downstairs, put up the toilet seats, aimed and peed a minute or so later! I was so shocked! I was so surprised to see him aiming, let alone when I saw a stream of pee hitting the water! I'm surprised that he's even tall enough to do that...It definitely made me realize that I'm going to have to make sure that I have the rim clean at ALL TIMES!
I had a sticker chart that my mom gave me for him when he was ready to start training. I got it out, and we put it on the bathroom door. He got to put a star sticker on it, and then he kept a different sticker to put on his shirt. He was thrilled! I know that there are going to be numerous challenges concerning this from here on out, but I'm just so excited that he actually understands and is ready to do this!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment