I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Dreaded Switch!

We finally made the big switch from crib to toddler bed with my 2-year-old. I've been so afraid of what would happen once he moved into a different bed! He's such an easy-going little boy, EXCEPT when it comes to sleeping situations. For the first 6 months of his life, he barely slept at all. Once he finally started to like his crib, he wanted nothing BUT his crib to sleep in. Trips to visit family in NY have always been interesting when it comes to how he will sleep away from home! I've always made sure that I bring everything from his own crib with us, and that at least helps!

I just imagined that when we switched him to a toddler bed, he would decide that he would never sleep again! I pictured my son playing the time away, all the while getting more and more tired. When telling my concerns to friends and family, everyone kept encouraging me and telling me that their child surprisingly waited in their crib until the parent came in to get them. I just could not imagine this happening with my son. The first day we had the bed set up in his room, he started jumping off of it with delight!

Well, unfortunately, my fears were confirmed! He got into EVERYTHING. He got into all of the diapers and pulled all of the wipes out one by one! (These are things that he can always reach on a daily basis, but he never bothers). He was so proud of himself! He's such a cute little guy, but it looks like a lot of things are going to have to be put out of reach from now on. I can put the diapers and wipes away, out of his reach. This is no problem. I just think he's going to play with his toys now, instead of sleep! That's a recipe for one cranky toddler and probably one cranky mom as a result. I have a feeling that "we" are going to be getting a lot less sleep around here for awhile! This maybe isn't such a big deal compared to many other problems in life, but being in the 1st trimester of my pregnancy, I don't have all the energy in the world right now!

I know that I need to realize, though, that this was the result of only one afternoon of nap time. I'm so glad that I can pray and ask God's direction on this, because He knows what's best for Joshua! I just need to get better at doing that FIRST, before I start to worry!

Patience, Amy...patience!
Share

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails