I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Joshua had his first day of preschool the other day!  He was so excited to go, and he did a really great job.  When we got there, we waited outside of the classroom until the teacher let everyone in. He walked right in, found his name tag, and he never looked back!  (That made me happy and sad at the same time!)

We are so glad to be sending him to this school.  It's a solid Christian school that focuses on a lot of the same values that we have.  They intentionally don't have Halloween parties, which Kevin and I are so thankful for.  (We don't celebrate Halloween or "trick or treat" with Joshua, so this was a wonderful thing to learn about the school.)  I found out they also don't do "Santa Claus" which we're happy about, too.  Of course, Santa will be brought into the conversation by the kids as Christmas gets closer, but his teacher will just bring the conversation back to Jesus.  That's awesome!  He will also be learning bible verses throughout the week, etc.  We love his teacher, and I feel very settled in my heart about the whole thing! 

Here are some pictures that I took that morning:

Joshua and Daddy praying about his big day.  (This is the look Joshua gets on his face when he doesn't know what to do with himself!)

Mommy and Joshua


"Why is everyone taking pictures, Mommy?"

Share

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Oh! What an exciting time in both your lives as well as Joshua's. I remember sending my now teen to her first day at school and I def. had a harder time letting go than she did:)

His new teacher sounds awesome. May all that he learns bear fruit in his heart. I pray that he may continue to grow in the wisdom and fear of the Lord!

For His glory!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails