I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's Not About Me!

Guess what?  It's not about me.

God showed me something recently that has really started to transform my heart.  One morning I woke up and was praying that He would give me more love for people.  After I was done praying, God said something that has really stuck with me.  This was one of those things that I've heard numerous times, but never really grasped the truth in it.  God spoke to my heart and told me that if I lived each day with a focus on blessing people, I would automatically begin to have more love in my heart.  Basically, He told me that I need to take my eyes off of myself and put them onto others. 

John 13:34-35, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

It's so interesting how you can hear or read something several times, but when God gives you a revelation about it, you see it from a whole new perspective. I went about my day trying to keep in mind what He told me.  I found myself feeling angry, impatient and worried much less throughout the day just by focusing on others rather than myself.  God has also been showing me that my life will be filled with so much more joy just by taking my eyes off of myself. 

It is so easy to be overwhelmed with concerns that we have.  Many people have financial worries, health issues, time constraints, etc.  God wants us to give our concerns to Him and focus on loving others.  It almost sounds like the opposite of what we should do, but God has commanded us to do this!  If you are a born again believer, then you have the Holy Spirit in you.  That means you already have this love living inside of you, because He is love

I challenge you to focus on others today instead of focusing on yourself and your concerns.  God will bless this, and you will see the joy that comes in your heart from it!

Jesus, you have called all of us to love others.  Thank You for teaching me how to love others, despite the challenging circumstances that may be in my life.  Thank you for beginning to peel away my selfishness, replacing it with joy!

Picture credit:  chrisjoy2911.files.wordpress.com
Share

3 comments:

Lorie McCurry said...

Thank you so much for reminding me of this Amy!

ML said...

Hi Amy!

I enjoy your posts at Faithful Bloggers. The really inspire me. Especially this one is so important. I need to remember that its not about me, its about Jesus.

Blessings to you this day!

Mary said...

But I'm so good at thinking about me and my problems!

Related Posts with Thumbnails