
How does the Holy Spirit help us in prayer? If you are born again, the Holy Spirit did a work in you when you repented of your sin and asked Jesus into your life. You are a new creation! "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" (2 Cor. 5:17). The Holy Spirit helps us pray, and He shows us what to pray.
The Word of God is our victory in this life, and all of our answers are found there. We experience God by faith through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is our connection to Him! So many of us have spent so much time worshipping what we think will make us happy (relationships, hobbies, our jobs, etc.) when only God can fill this place. He is our Creator, and He is the only one we should worship. I'm as guilty as anyone in this area, and I continually have to take a good look at my life to make sure that I'm putting God first.
THE HOLY SPIRIT HELPS US DISCERN TRUTH FROM ERROR.
The Holy Spirit is in us to be our Teacher, Guide and Comforter. We aren’t to be looking to New Age ideology (ouija boards, astrology, psychics, horoscopes) or anything else like this for our answers. Many of these things seem harmless, even to many Christians, but they are not from God! “Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you” (Deut. 18:10-12).
I know that I grew up using ouija boards and I always loved astrology. A few years after following Jesus, I found out that these things were not harmless at all. I had to repent from using/doing all of those things and not turn back. I don't even open fortune cookies anymore! I decided that I'm not going to do something that even "hints" towards anything New Age. God strongly warns us from becoming involved in these things, because they are not from Him! They work AGAINST Him. Therefore, they work against us also.
The Holy Spirit helps us pray and moves us toward a changed life and right living (righteousness). The Holy Spirit draws us to connect with Him. We cannot change ourselves on our own; no matter how hard we try. (If it was possible, I think most of us would have done it by now!) The Holy Spirit teaches us how to pray, and with His divine help, we can begin to bear more fruit in our lives and become more like Jesus!
- Are you looking to the Holy Spirit to help you pray and gain victory in your life?
- Are you involved in anything connected with New Age thinking? If you are, turn away from it immediately, and turn towards God. Ask God to forgive you, and He will!
Thank you, Jesus, that you have sent us the Holy Spirit to be our Teacher, Guide and Comforter! Thank you, Holy Spirit, for guiding us into all truth and helping us discern what is not from God. We cannot change ourselves, but with the Holy Spirit’s help, we will be able to live a life full of perseverance and joy!
Picture credit: www.calvarytabernacleky.com
1 comment:
I am thankful for precious Holy Spirit that abides in all those who have made the decision to follow Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord, that He draws us closer to the Truth. HE alone brings conviction of sin, judgement and justice to our lives. My desire is that I can pay close attention to what HE is saying to me.
Let me not ever sadden you Holy Spirit...
Consume in me all that does not draw me closer to the revelation of Jesus Christ in my life...
God bless you!
P.S. My Savior My God - the worship song on your playlist is beautiful and ministered my heart as I sat here and typed.
Post a Comment