You may remember that I posted once before about my friend's little boy, Josiah. He has been so sick the last several days, again, and I'm asking that you pray for him. This is taking quite a toll on the family, as you can only imagine. This is what his mom, Heather, posted tonight. You can click on the link at the bottom of my post to follow more of her journal entries in the future. Please stand in faith with me for his healing along with strength, peace and perseverance for his family. Thank you!
"Friday, June 25, 2010 4:53 PM
One of these days I would love to have a good report to post. This week unfortunately will not be that week. Things have not gotten even a tad bit better. His seizures are still going on many times a day. I called the doctor the today and they are starting him on klonopin( not spelled right) on top of his other meds. He still is sleeping tons, probably 18 hours a day. So once he starts this new med this evening he will probably never wake up. On top of the seizures he is having significant breathing issues. He gasps for air and struggles to breath at times. He is congested still and has so much secretions that he kept choking on them and aspirating. So on top of those two issues I now think his GJ tube( feeding tube) is kinked and causing him pain because he cries almost every minute of his awake time, and when I disconnect his feedings he stops crying within an hour, but when I reconnect to his feeds an hour later he cries and cries and pulls up his legs. So I called the IR( the place that put his new tube in) today and left them a message telling them I had an urgent question. Do you believe they never returned my call? I dont understand how they can call themselves one of the best hospitals in the world. Am I frustrated just a bit? Yes I am! No body should have to watch their own child suffer the way this baby has for almost 2 weeks now. He was doing so well until he went into the hospital 12 days ago, now he is not the same. Im sorry I am not so positive today, but I can not take much more of him being so sick. Im not getting sleep the last 3 nights and this whole thing is taking a toll on our family. We heard back from the free vacation, and we got approved but they are booked for this year already, so we gotta wait til next year. We might be able to go in November too just to get away and still have one next summer. So that is one thing that we are looking forward too. I will let you all know what happens this weekend. Please pray we dont have to be admitted for anything. Once again thank you for all the prayers and support. We could not get through this without our family and friends."
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/josiahlorenzini
2 comments:
Amy,
Hello, I found you via a comment you posted on Angie's Smith's blog. I liked the title of your blog and was wanting to pray for little Josiah, so I decided to pop over and visit. :) I will continue to pray for Josiah and follow you for updates. I pray God's peace and strength for his poor mom. Bless her heart. I cannot imagine. Bless you, too, for rallying for them!
In Christ,
Kelly
Thank you for praying for them, Kelly!
Post a Comment