I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Sunday, May 23, 2010

Please Pray For Baby Josiah

*Monday, May 24th - Update on Josiah

Josiah no longer needs oxygen, so he left the hospital yesterday to go back home!  Thank you, everyone, for praying!  Josiah has a long way to go, but God is faithful!

I am asking that you pray for a little boy named Josiah.  Isn't he a cutie? His mom and I are friends on Facebook (and we knew each other in high school).  Josiah just recently turned 1 year old, and he is currently in the hospital.  Josiah has Menkes Syndrome.  After reading an update on him last night, I asked his mom for permission to write about him on my  blog...

According to what I found online:  Menkes syndrome is a disorder that affects copper levels in the body. It is characterized by sparse, kinky hair; failure to gain weight and grow at the expected rate (failure to thrive); and deterioration of the nervous system. Additional signs and symptoms include weak muscle tone (hypotonia), sagging facial features, seizures, developmental delay, and intellectual disability. Children with Menkes syndrome typically begin to develop symptoms during infancy and often do not live past age 3. Early treatment with copper may improve the prognosis in some affected individuals. In rare cases, symptoms begin later in childhood.

I am asking you to stand in faith with me for Josiah's healing!  I am praying for his healing, along with strength, grace, and peace for his family.  Along with everything else, I'm sure that his mom, Heather, is missing being at home with her husband and four other children!  Josiah is not expected to be home from the hospital for at least another few days.  He spent several weeks out of the hospital until returning again a couple days ago.  Heather gave me permission to post a link to her online journal with updates on Josiah's status on the CaringBridge.org.

Please visit Josiah's link and pray for him today!  I appreciate you standing in faith for him!  Josiah's Page
Lord Jesus, I thank you so much for healing Josiah!  His parents, and many others, are standing in faith for his healing.  I thank you for strength, peace and grace for Heather, Brian, and their 4 other children.  They are standing in faith on your Word, and I am standing with them!  Thank you, Jesus, for always being so faithful and for being Josiah's sustainer and protector.  Amen
Share

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails