You are so precious to me. You have such a crazy, fun, and outgoing personality! Before you were born, I used to think that you would be just like me. (I guess you are strong-willed, so you may have gotten that from me!)
Raising you has been an interesting challenge for me, even from the very beginning. I never really babysat much while growing up, and I didn't know the first thing about being a mom. (Scary, huh?) I didn't know how difficult being a mom could be, but I always knew I wanted to be one. I wouldn't trade it in for the world, though, because it's the most rewarding job I've ever had!
I should have known what your personality would be like when you flipped into a breech position 6 days before your due date. I knew something happened, because it felt like you were doing jumping jacks in my stomach. You were facing the correct position the entire pregnancy until then. The doctor told me that you wedged your little behind into my pelvis, and you were not going to go anywhere!
You were not the laid-back baby I (for some reason) expected. I never knew that sleep deprivation could be so incredibly difficult! We didn't know it for several months, but your system could not tolerate milk. Your poor little face broke out all the time, and we found out it was because your body couldn't break down the protein. It also explained why you were so fussy as a baby, and why you didn't sleep so well. Sometimes you would cry for what seemed like hours. Now we know why. I'm sorry that I wasn't as patient as I should have been.
You bring joy to so many people, Joshua. We all love you. Your silly personality reminds me not to take things too seriously. Your tender heart reminds me of how loving God is. Your love of new places and new people remind me that God wants us all to enjoy life. I already see how you are a leader and a teacher. That amazes me. You are growing up so quickly, and I'm so proud of who you are becoming. You are one of the most precious people in my life!
I have to remind myself to enjoy as much as I can now, because you won't always be so little. You won't always want me to pick you up when you're really tired. You won't always be looking out the window waiting for me to beep the horn when I drive by. Some day I will look up at the window when I leave, and you won't be there. You'll be all grown up.
I love you, Joshua! You are such a wonderful little boy. I hope that you always have such a love for people and life in general. You are such a blessing to me.
Love,
Mommy


1 comment:
With my daughter turning 13 this July and my little one a year in August(already?...wow!) I have to remind myself to enjoy each and every moment of this special time with them.
Help me Lord to always treasure what you have given me. Allow me to always encourage them to use the talents and gifts that you have deposited in them for your glory!!
Post a Comment