I took Anna to the doctor for her 4 month check up, and she's in the 97th percentile for both weight and length! She weighs 16.9 lbs. and is 26 inches long. I cannot believe that she is taller than 97% of the girls her age! That's amazing to me. I guess it shouldn't surprise me, though, because she's been wearing 6-9 month pants for awhile now, and they are often too short! The doctor is not concerned about her weight, because her height and weight are both in the same percentile. I guess that's what they look at. I haven't started her on solids yet, either, because she has seemed fine with just the formula. She also has been sleeping through the night. She's been sleeping 12 hrs. a night since she was 10 weeks old! Amazing. I didn't know that was even possible! Her doctor told me to hold off on giving her solids for another month, unless she starts to seem unsatisfied with what she's getting now. I only feed her 4 times a day right now as it is...
.JPG)
Anna has been such a sweet baby. She's so incredibly content almost all of the time. She will actually sit and smile at me as I'm getting her bottle ready in the morning. (She hasn't had anything to eat for at least 12 hrs. at that point!) She is just so easy-going. Joshua has finally started to adjust her her joining our family! He still tries to scare her by getting in her face and yelling. The funny thing is, though, she has started laughing at this! She beat him at his own game! She just loves Joshua. She giggles with me and some other people, but she lets out these big laughs with him. It's so cute! Joshua loves to pray for her when she takes her afternoon nap. He's a good big brother.

Joshua has recently started enjoying "reading" to Anna while I'm getting her bottle ready. I never realized how much he memorizes the books that we read him until he "reads" them to Anna. A lot of it is repeated to her word for word. I love my family, and I feel so incredibly blessed. I was at the mall with the two of them last night, and I was watching Anna look around in her stroller while Joshua was walking beside us. I hope that I never forget what it feels like to be in this stage of life. Sometimes is can be so stressful and crazy. Other times, though, it is so wonderful. This is definitely one of those times!
3 comments:
So beautiful and what a blessing!!
Beautiful, I love how Amy laughs for Joshua and he prays for her. My daughter was always 95th percentile in height right through school and people kept thinking she was older than she was. Once my brother chided her saying "Katherine, you're acting like a 2 year old". Her response, "But I am a 2 year old Uncle Bob."
Grace and Peace,
So nice to find your blog. I have a 6 month old myself and I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing me with another child. I have a 12 yr old who will be 13 this summer and it seemed like the years flew by.
Enjoy and cherish every moment :)
Children are a wonderful gift from GOD!
Post a Comment