Thursday, February 4, 2010
Fishers Of Men
I saw this video clip posted on Facebook this morning, and I thought it really worth sharing. Christine Caine shares examples of how we (as Christians) are to be in the world, not of it. She gave the example of how most of us don't see ourselves as an "evangelist type", so we don't share our faith with others very often (if at all). We only share our faith when we are put on the spot or when our churches have special outreach events specifically geared towards witnessing to others.
We are to be witnesses in everything that we do!
I am as guilty (if not more) as anyone concerning this. My husband is one of those evangelist types that I referred to earlier! I often compare myself to him and don't bother sharing my faith with others when he's around. Am I afraid of him secretly criticizing what I say to someone? Sure. Do I figure that he can just do a better job at it, so I take a back seat and watch him do it instead? Sure. Does that excuse me from sharing my faith? NO!
Christine also used the example of how a lot of people compartmentalize their faith. We share when we're comfortable, when it's not too cold outside, when we're not in a hurry, when we're feeling confident, etc. We wait for that specific time when we're "supposed" to talk to others about our faith.
I realized when I watched this video that this is what I do with my blog! I use this blog as a way to share my faith with others. That's great, but this should not be the only way that I share my faith. It's not so difficult to write on this blog, sometimes, because I have time to think about what I'm going to write, etc. I like to think through what I'm going to say before I say it. That does not excuse me from sharing my faith with others in person, though!
Matthew 4:19 says, "Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men." God doesn't expect me to become just like my husband and share my faith exactly like he does. He made me to be just like me, not just like my husband! He also doesn't want me to walk around feeling guilty all the time, because I don't feel like I'm doing enough. He just wants me to step out and do it! He just wants YOU to step out and do it, too!
We will make mistakes.
We will say the wrong thing sometimes.
We won't always know the answers to other's questions.
God wants us to step out and obey Him anyhow. That's what pleases Him. Aren't you glad that someone took the time to share the gospel with YOU? I know that I am!
Labels:
Priorities,
Walking With Jesus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment