I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Simple Realizations

I have had some simple,but profound realizations over the last couple of days:

The world is not going to end if I get to the end of the day and feel as though I've accomplished nothing.

Expecting to get much work done during the day right now is next to impossible. That's ok.

If my son pees in his pants in the grocery store because I cannot get him to a bathroom in time, that's also ok!

When I feel incredibly overwhelmed, I don't need to worry. I should pray, and things will eventually calm down.

Even if I get very little sleep at night, I am still better off getting up at least an hour before my children. This allows me time to get ready for the day, spend time with God and get mentally ready for whatever awaits me!

Time with my husband and time doing whatever I want is VERY limited right now. It won't always be that way.

My children are small, and I need to remember that time is passing quickly. They are growing up so quickly, and I need to cherish the time that I have with them now.

If my son colors all over himself with a green Sharpie and gets into all sorts of things when I'm feeding the baby, that's NOT ok - but, there's not a whole lot I can do about that right now. That IS ok.

If my husband gets home from work and I realize that I forgot about making dinner, I'll try to remember tomorrow. Where does the time go lately? I seem to be running about 2 hours behind usual.

When we finally get the opportunity to go out to a restaurant as a family, and Joshua runs around the restaurant while Anna cries the entire time,...I need to realize that things will not always be so difficult.

Like I said, these are very simple realizations; but, I'm realizing that if I set my expectations too high right now (which I always seem to do!), I will just be miserable. I've been constantly having to remind myself that I'm staying home right now to take care of my children. I'm NOT staying home to clean the house, balance our checkbook, etc. These things do need done, but they are most likely not going to get done while everyone else is awake.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
Share

2 comments:

Ronel said...

You are so right things wont always be this tough and before you know it you will have a good routine with some normality back in your life. I pray for you to find peace in Him in the meantime. My friend rest, relax and rejoice in the blessings He has given you and know it wont always be this crazy.
Love, Ronel

Mary said...

listen to the song and read the words below it that I just stuck on my blog. it really ministered to me and after reading this post, i think you need to hear it too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails