I have a growing passion to help others find freedom in discovering who God designed them to be. Since learning who I am in Christ, I have found peace (where I had turmoil) and freedom (where I had bondage). Jesus came to save you and set you free!

As of March 2011, I am no longer updating this blog. Click below to check out my new blog...


Monday, December 29, 2008

Back To The Drawing Board

As a stay-at-home mom, I love to be organized, but this hasn't always been the case since our son was born 2 1/2 years ago!

Back in my pre-child days (in reality, not that long ago!), I kept my home as spotless as I could. My husband and I both worked full-time, and there always seemed to be enough time (and energy) to keep the house in order. I feel so much better when my house is clean and well-organized. When my house is clean and organized, I feel "together". On the contrary, when my house is cluttered, my life feels cluttered.

Since my son was born, my life has changed completely (besides the obvious)! Even though I knew I would stay at home when I became a mom, I was very career-oriented up until I had my son. I was the Social Service Director in a nursing home, and I was very content to continue climbing the "career ladder" that was before me. I knew, though, that I was going to become a stay-at-home mom once my son was born. I was very content with this decision, although I had no idea how difficult that decision would be! I didn't realize how much my identity had been wrapped up in my career until I quit my job! When people would ask my where I worked, I would say, "I stay at home with my son right now, but I USED to be a social worker"! When my son turned 16 months old, I went back to work as a Crisis Intervention Worker, a job I once had before. It was a casual position, and I was working 2-4 times a month. I worked on Saturdays, so my husband could stay home with Joshua while I was working. Just last month, I made the decision to resign. This was a very difficult decision for me, because I liked the "security" of the extra money and the feeling that I was doing something "important" again. I just really felt (for too many reasons to explain right now) that I was not honoring God by working there, so I decided to resign. I am trusting that God will provide all that we need without my income. He is faithful!

Now that I am a full-time SAHM (stay at home mom) again, I have started this blog to go "back to the drawing board" and re-focus what my priorities need to be. I have a long way to go, but I know that 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' (Phil. 4:13)!
Share

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails